Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Too hard for sleeping"

Mya Pya has gone through plenty of tricks to try to avoid having to stay in bed.  She's had to use the potty, or was hungry or thirsty, or maybe she didn't have the right stuffed animal or blanket to sleep with.  But the excuse she has come up and used the very most to explain why she's not in her bed is "I'm just too hard for sleeping."

We laughed so hard the first few times she told us that.  But in her mind it was probably the perfect explanation.  We couldn't fix it by just giving her a drink or taking her to the bathroom or finding a new blanket.  Nope, "I'm just too hard for sleeping"...meaning I've just got to stay out here on the couch with you to watch some TV because that sleeping business is just too hard right now.  And of course your little girl saying something cute is funny at 8:30 pm, not so amusing at 3:00 am, and becomes less effective after its been used hundreds of times.

No comments: