Friday, February 17, 2012

Dad's Art

During a visit to my parents' home tonight, my mum showed me a collection of old ink drawings that my dad had done.  Mixed in with various portraits and landscapes were drawings of buildings from around Tooele County and Utah.  A few of them were marked but several had no indication of what buildings they were.  I thought I'd post them here so they could be enjoyed, and so anyone that might know what buildings they are could comment and let me know.  As confirmations come in as to what the buildings are I will add a caption.

Old Second Ward Church

Erda School

Aroet Lucius Hale Home

Governor's Mansion

#5

#6

McCune Mansion

Missouri Homestead

#9

Tooele Clinic

Alec Johnson home

Vernon Chapel

Old Tooele Central School?

If you can't comment here, please email at orgill.od@gmail.com

5 comments:

Krista said...

I think #1 is the old 2nd Ward Building ... It was on the corner of Main and Church Street in Grantsville. #10 was the old Tooele hospital on South Main Street.

Lacey Sue said...

#10 is the old Tooele Hospital- on Main st. in Tooele.
#1 Is the old 2nd ward building.
#11 is the house at the corner of Main and and Hale St.
#3 I do believe is a home on Clark St.
Sorry, that's all I can help with- if you contact my Mom - Ryan, she can help, she has a few of these from your Dad in her house...ask her!

Sharon said...

Thanks for posting these. Love them. :)

Rachel said...

#3 is the Johnathan H. Hale Home that used to be on North street. If you drive by, you can still see one of the old windows if you look in the trees. It's on the corner of North St. and Hale st.. I believe the woman in the hat is suppose to be our great-grandma, Janet Hale. Ask my dad, he knows all about it, and who all the people are.

Rachel said...

Correction: Aroet Lucious Hale's home, not Johnathan H. Hale.