Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tonight, Tonight

We didn't attend quite as many BYU basketball games in the year 1 A.J. (after Jimmer).  But many times if I have a BYU shirt or hat on, the girls (Mya especially) will ask if it means we are going to BYU to a game.  So with volleyball starting and BYU ranked #1 in the nation we decided to take the girls down to Provo for dinner and a match.
 


Afton with Fluffy.


We got to the match early to get a good seat (Stefanie has come just accept showing up beyond early to BYU events as a requirement in our marriage).  The girls loved to have the extra space to run up and down the bleachers before the Fieldhouse filled in.  

Once the match started and we got settled in our seats, Michael Alisa that plays on the football team at the Y sat down a few seats down the row from us.  At one point Afton said that she was "bored and wanted to make some new friends".  I told her she should go be friends with that guy and pointed at Alisa.  Stefanie told her that he played football at BYU.  Afton would start in his direction, then would hesitate, but was too apprehensive to go over and say anything.  So she just sat with us the rest of the match and nothing more was said about it.  After the last point of the match she suddenly said, "I think I'm going to go say hi to him now."  I said it was time to say goodbye but she could go if she wanted.  She hesitated again so Alisa was walking away.  With him all the way in the aisle and headed out Afton yelled, "Goodbye, Michael."  He looked around to see who was yelling and when he saw Afton waving he had a big smile and waved back.  I guess she just likes having football players as friends.


One thing the girls usually love about the games we go to is the music that gets played there.  They are often up in front of their seats dancing.  But this time the girls stayed seated and tried to sing along w/the songs.  Afton was especially expressive at times.

No comments: