Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Forest Rock

Afton rummaged through her jewelry box this morning, searching for her "forest rock". It was a rock she brought home from her first trip to South Willow Canyon. On the drive home she told us from the back seat, "Do you know why I'm bringing this rock home? It is so I can remember how much I love coming here."

The girls fully enjoyed their trip to the "forest" and "nature". We asked Afton what nature meant and I think her answer went something like this: it is everything that smells good and goes way up to the sky out in the forest. Surprisingly, Afton was very willing to scamper around, excited to explore and throw rocks in the water. Mya assumed the role of timid child, staying close to Mom or Dad at all times, and choosing to bring rocks to us instead of depositing them in the water.