Combine dinner for nine, five kids picking out Christmas presents, and miles and miles of walking and what do you get? Our evening last night.
We met Jim and Karen's family in Midvale for dinner. Afton always has so much fun being around the Holt children. We got there first, and to keep Afton entertained I was shaking the little sugar bags at the table with her. She loves to shake things while saying, "Shake it, shake it, shake it, woo!" Once the Holts arrived Afton wanted to have each of the kids do the shaking with her. She likes to color all the time now, so she spent most of the dinner coloring on the kid's menu, and of course asking Mom and Dad to trace her hand with crayons.
After dinner we all went shopping for Christmas gifts. We were letting the kids pick out gifts that they might want to get themselves for Christmas, but instead are going to donate them at our Ward Christmas Party to be given to local families in need this holiday season. Afton didn't quite understand the concept but had lots of fun trying toys out while the rest of us shopped.
To finish the evening off we went to look at the lights on Temple Square. The weather was absolutely perfect; before we left I had actually taken my coat off because the weather was so pleasant. Afton was her usual cooperative self for most of the evening...as cooperative as you can expect a not-quite-two-year-old to be. And I'm not sure Stefanie is looking forward to spending that much time on her feet again until the pregnancy is over.


2 comments:
I wish we were in UT, I miss going there during the holidays with family. it is so beautiful there! i can't wait for snow!
I'm so jealous! That sounds like a way fun night! (Although, I agree with Stef... I'm not sure I would survive an entire night of walking like that.) Love the pics!
Post a Comment