Not negotiable. I suppose each of us in the family have something that to us is not negotiable. For me, it is BYU games. Nothing is to interfere with the attendance or viewing of those games. For Afton, it is her stuffed friends. Got to have them to hold, sleep with, take in the car, etc. For Stefanie...I'd say sleep is non-negotiable. The problem is sometimes her own body doesn't negotiate with itself very well. But when she can sleep, sleep wins over everything else.
For Mya? This one's a slam dunk.

For Mya? This one's a slam dunk.
The cup looks so innocent...but it rules our home.
Mya loves her milk ("mulk"). She always has. It is her comfort item, what she cries for when she's sad or hurt, and what she has always wanted right before bed. She loves chocolate milk. And "yum-yum mulk" made with Carnation instant breakfast mix. And "regular mulk". But she will ONLY drink it out of that Nuk cup that she has used for ages. We've probably gone through 10 of them. And we've tried to coax her out of using it, but she isn't having it. She'll drink water, juice, or any other drink out of any other cup. But any variety of milk has to be served in that exact type of cup or else the-world-is-ending-now kind of tantrum ensues. Again, this is simply her non-negotiable item. We've talked about it and decided, "She likes it. It isn't that big of a deal. Let this be her thing. It could be worse."
I just wonder if I'm going to be giving Mya some milk in this Nuk cup when she's 12 so she'll let me watch the BYU game while Stefanie sleeps.
I just wonder if I'm going to be giving Mya some milk in this Nuk cup when she's 12 so she'll let me watch the BYU game while Stefanie sleeps.
1 comment:
I tried to convince her by also explaining that she is no longer a baby and that she can choose any big girl cup to drink out of now. But, it backfired. She now specifically asks for her "baby mulk" or for "Mya's baby cup" (speaking in 3rd person, of course). The baby thing apparently didn't phase her.
Post a Comment