This cold, rainy day seems as good as any to post some past summer news.
Swimming Lessons
This was Afton's first year in swimming lessons, and so Stef enrolled Mya in a little class too. That usually meant Mya stepping into the water and then being done...lots of cold mornings at the pool complex.
But Afton, as per usual, loved it and was very focused on always doing what her teachers told her to do. One day she hopped out of the pool and ran over to where Stefanie was and said, "Mom, I can't remember my teacher's name. Can you remind me?" She wanted to be able to call her teacher by name but felt embarrassed to ask what her name was again. After I got home from work once I asked for a report on the swimming lessons. Afton talked about what they worked on and that she liked it, but then she got kind of somber and said there was one thing she didn't like. I got a little worried but then she said it was that her fingers get really, really tired because she has to hold onto the wall a long time. We started to tell her how she could hold onto the wall differently, but very demonstratively and kind of sadly she said, "But my teacher said THIS is how I'm supposed to do it." That's our super cute and very literal girl.
Having fun is a lot of work!
But Afton, as per usual, loved it and was very focused on always doing what her teachers told her to do. One day she hopped out of the pool and ran over to where Stefanie was and said, "Mom, I can't remember my teacher's name. Can you remind me?" She wanted to be able to call her teacher by name but felt embarrassed to ask what her name was again. After I got home from work once I asked for a report on the swimming lessons. Afton talked about what they worked on and that she liked it, but then she got kind of somber and said there was one thing she didn't like. I got a little worried but then she said it was that her fingers get really, really tired because she has to hold onto the wall a long time. We started to tell her how she could hold onto the wall differently, but very demonstratively and kind of sadly she said, "But my teacher said THIS is how I'm supposed to do it." That's our super cute and very literal girl.
Having fun is a lot of work!
No comments:
Post a Comment