Thursday, March 5, 2009

First Haircut




So we'd gotten past her two year birthday without having Afton's hair cut. Being the father, i.e. not the parent who does braids, bows, barrettes, etc., my guess is it was nice finally having Afton's hair long enough to do some of those creative things with it. But it was growing really long in certain areas and much less so in others. So we took a Saturday afternoon to visit Alison and Rob, do lunch at Zuppas, and when back at Alison's house little Afton got her first haircut.

Afton was extremely cooperative (fearful?) during her haircut, but not so much for pictures afterward.









As a side note, Afton must have really enjoyed her time with Alison and Rob that day. Later that night when she was laying in bed, I heard over the monitor in the other room: "Alison fun. Rob fun." She was just laying in her crib reminiscing about the day I guess. So thanks for a fun day (and the bundt cake), Alison and Rob.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Two thoughts:

Afton's hair is absolutely adorable. Actually, everything about her is.

Um, I was home ALONE all day Saturday, and you guys went to Zupas and didn't invite me???

Smitty n' Chelle said...

for some reason I can't leave a comment on the post before this one so I willleave it here. I just noticed how much being married to Josh has affected me because when I saw AI vs Mj I was totaly think Allen Iverson VS Michael Jordan! Then as I read on it took a minute to figure out which AI and MJ you were talking about. I had forgotten your love for Michael Jackson. maybe it will cheange when you have a little boy and you worry Michael will find him LOL!!!