gen·ius \ˈjēn-yəs, ˈjē-nē-əs\1.a. Extraordinary intellectual and creative power.b. A person of extraordinary intellect and talent.c. A person who has an exceptionally high intelligence quotient, typically above 140.2.a. A strong natural talent, aptitude, or inclination: has a genius for choosing the right words.b. One who has such a talent or inclination: a genius at diplomacy.
3. Spelling at 22 monthsThis is surely a moment you're familiar with, where parents embellish the abilities of their own children, and the other parents listening just smile and nod and impatiently wait for you to finish. I normally try to avoid such situations, but in this instance you chose to visit this blog, and it is about my kids, so I don't feel so bad.
Afton started a game a while back where she would bring her magnetic letters off the fridge over to me or Stef, we would tell her what the letter was, she'd repeat it, and then go put it back on the fridge. Then she would start pointing out letters on my shirt while sitting on my lap. The following video shows her doing just that, as well as telling me what letters I was showing her as we spelled her name. (For some reason she has the hardest time getting the "a" in her name right). FWIW, the shirt I had on said "Be True" with a basketball as a period, and then a tiny little Nike underneath.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Genius
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Seriously.... amazing. I have never seen anything like it.
So Smart!! Now go get her the video Letter Factory, by leap frog, and she will learn all the sounds!!
Congrats on the new baby, and looks like the house got finished!!
Post a Comment