Monday, April 7, 2014

Bedtime, again

Afton loves to read in bed.  She always asks if she can take her book and a flashlight to bed.  Sometimes we'll tell her she can read one chapter and then be done.  Tonight she came out about 15 minutes after going to bed and said she couldn't fall asleep.  So we let her grab her book and light and off she went.

Fast forward another 15 minutes.  Stef was getting Maddux ready for bed and Afton quietly entered the room.

"I can't get Mya out of my bed."
"Out of your bed?  What do you mean out of your bed?"
"She is asleep in my bed and I can't get her out."
"Why is she asleep in your bed?"
"I told her she could come hold the light for me while I read my book.  But then she fell asleep.  And I can't her to move.  And she's making me hot."

I walked Afton back to her room and sure enough Mya was zonked on the top bunk.  Afton grabbed her blanket and stuffed animal of choice for the night and got under the covers in Mya's bed.  I stood on the bottom bunk the help get Mya adjusted more towards the middle of the bed instead of sleeping right up against the edge rail and she was already a cute little ball of sweat.  She was wearing a pair of footsie jammies, and that always meant Mya would sleep very "hot".

No comments: