Sunday, February 2, 2014

"Boring"

We got to church a little early today.  A minor miracle when Dad is in early morning meetings, Mom has been up at least 3 times throughout the night to feed Maddux, and Afton and Mya have to be fed, in their dresses, and with hair done before Dad comes back to pick them up to take them to church.  But today was a success.  And we walked into the primary room about 7 minutes before church was to start.

I don't like to just drop the girls off that early.  So I first sat with Afton in her class row.  We talked about how her morning went and what she was looking forward to at church today.  Next I moved up two rows and sat next to Mya.  She laughed when she saw me sit on one of the tiny chairs used for the younger junior primary classes.  I asked if she liked being at church early, before primary starts.  She paused for a moment, then motioned for me to lean down so she could whisper into my ear.

"I like sitting here early.  Because it means I don't have to do any of the regular church stuff.  Church is so boring."

1 comment:

Alison said...

HAHAHA! I feel you, Mya. I feel you.