Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Elephant?




I guess I need to try to be a little lighter on my feet when walking around the house...

Stefanie told me last night about a little conversation she had with Afton while putting her to bed a few nights ago. She was tucking Afton in when Afton said, "What's that noise?" Stefanie wasn't sure what she was talking about, but Afton repeated, "What is that?" Stef asked what noise she was talking about and Afton said, "Who is stomping around like an elephant?"

Stef has always said I'm a "heel walker" and that she can hear me walking around the house no matter where I am walking or where she might be sitting and listening. I'm going to continue insisting that this little "elephant" talk was obviously an act of coercion with mom planting the idea in daughter's head. Especially since the only elephants Afton has ever seen and had a chance to hear were at Hogle Zoo, and I'm guessing it has been at least 3 years since those elephants have moved at all.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Just the truth...no convincing necessary! She tried to describe the sound to me when I wasn't sure what she was referring to by banging her foot on the wall next to her bed. Dad...take the hint :)!

Diane said...

Oh, that is hilarious! Keep the cute little Aftie comments coming.