Tuesday, August 18, 2009

More Afton Talking

- Afton sometimes has a hard time parting from a fun play environment when it is time to go home, so Stefanie and I have started giving her warnings like, "We're going to leave in five minutes." She is typically pretty receptive to the warnings and it makes it far easier to pull her away from her cousins' house that way. One night she was playing with Megan and Lauren and I told her we were going to leave in 2 minutes. Her emphatic reply: "NO! I want to play with my minutes!"

- On a blustery Grantsville evening (weird, I know, we never have those) we got out of our car and Afton kept trying to make her hair stop blowing around. She pointed at her hair and said, "It is so windy." Then she looked up at Stef and saw her hair blowing around and said, "It is windy for Mama too." And of course, she looked up at my bare scalp and commented, "Daddy, it's not windy for you."


- While playing with a flashlight around our house, Afton started chanting, "Follow the grass, follow the grass, and see what we see." She said it over and over again. I've got no idea what it means or where it came from. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.


- We were getting ready to go visit Afton's cousins for Megan's birthday. Afton was pretty excited about the little present and card she had to give Megan. I said to Afton, "What are you going to tell Megan when you get there?" This was her reply: "Happy birthday, Megan. And then we will laugh at her. And she will LIKE IT." The intonation she used was so funny because the way she said "and she will like it" made it sound like she was saying it in such a mocking tone.

No comments: